Thanks Kalavati for your quick response.

I have only one series created for PIE chart and here is the code

var pieExplodingPointRange:Array =[];
 pie.dataProvider = totals;
pie.dataFunction = pieDataFunction;
pie.nameField = "field";
pie.setStyle("showDataEffect", transitionEffect);
pie.setStyle('fills', colorArray);
pie.perWedgeExplodeRadius= pieExplodingPointRange;
chart.series.push(pie);

Dataprovider has objects defined like the below

var obj:Object = new Object();
obj["field"] = "January";
obj["count"] = 20;
totals.addItem(obj);

//totals is the dataprovider added to the PIE chart.

Please let me know if you  need any additional info.

Thanks!
Veena