HI Manikandan thanks for replying

i tried this

mx_internal

*function* expandItemHandler(event:TreeEvent):*void*
* *

{

*if* (event.isDefaultPrevented())

*return*;

 *if* (event.type == *TreeEvent*.ITEM_OPENING)

{

expandItem(event.item, event.opening, event.animate, event.dispatchEvent,
event.triggerEvent);

this.ValidateNow()

}

}
But still if i manually collpase the branch scroll bar jumps back to top.