I have just subscribed to this list for two reasons.

One is that I have just discovered FlexBackup and the other was to ask
for some help with a problem that I have managed to solve myself
between subscribing to the list and receiving the welcome message.
This is known as Sod's Law!

Just in case anyone has a similar experience:

I have set $type = 'afio'.

I tried a number of backups level 0 and level 1 starting each tape
with -newtape. I could not, however, get a TOC listing to work. Each
time I received a message - ERROR: No index on tape (or similar).

I had previously set $blksize = '0' and $mt_blksize = '0' and this
turned out to be the problem. Setting $mt_blksize = '10240' cured the
problem. I'm using a DAT drive for backups.

A jolly useful and full featured backup utility. I shall continue to
play.

Barry Samuels
http://www.beenthere-donethat.org.uk
The Unofficial Guide to Great Britain