This is a fun little bug, it's regarding the parts of checkinpath that check $ENV{PATH}

I was getting the error from my cron [cron cleans out the path a bit, for some reason /usr/local/bin/sudo was not being found]. I thought this meant on the remote server.

After much mucking about, i decided to link /usr/bin/sudo to /usr/local/bin/sudo on the backup server. And badabing it started working.

Lets say my backup machine is called "backup" and the remove machine is called "client".

Techically there would be no need for sudo to be installed on "backup", however checkinpath is clearly only ever checking the local machine and not "client" where it really counts. Find/sudo/tar all of those things need to exist on the client, not really on the backup machine.

Jeff.