I've been fighting with this for the past few days as well and
eventually came to the conclusion that it was the CF install on the
same JRun that was causing the issue, so I figured it must have
something to do with the classpath changes. Thanks for the great
post about this!

I agree, a technote from Macromedia would be great.

This also seems to be the reason I was getting odd errors when trying
to embed fonts in my flex apps. It would never work but when I went
to a Flex install without CF to try to resolve the remote object
problems my font embedding problems vanished as well.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Spike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for the update Peter.
>
> The specific config setting that causes the problem is adding
verity
> support, so if you don't need that you should be fine. The question
is
> whether there is a standard way to set it up so that you can have
both
> CFMX with verity and Flex running at the same time.
>
> The relevant docs here:
> http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/6.1/htmldocs/instal17.htm
>
> My guess that the solution would be one of:
>
> * Move the verity files elsewhere and change the JVM config path to
> point to the new location.
> * Remove flashgateway.jar from the cfusion/lib directory of any
CFMX