I was about to say that. It's besicaly like asp.NET where you have the tag bas view on the html and the code in C# or VB in a code-behind file. I use jimmy's method using the viewHelper because otherwise you wouldhave the mxml file a actionscrip class (code-behind) and the viewHelper also if you would use the framework.

Omar Ramos
Technology Manager
Itacon Corporation

From: Matt Chotin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:31 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Theory and Practice: Mixing AS2.0 in MXML

I’m reading these posts but have no time to respond (nor to any other posts right now), though the discussion is a good one and I don’t have strong opinions either way (taking into account of course that I’m strongly loyal to binding).  Theonly thing I’ll contribute is that I’m gonna refer to Erik’s technique as view-behind in deference to the ASP.NET approach called code-behind (eh, I don’t know how the punctuate it).  I now expect a nickel every time I see view-behind in a flexcoders post J

Carry on,

Matt