Periodically, Macromedia asks for help from you, the Flex community. Recently, I’ve solicited your thoughts about components and printing. Its incredibly valuable to us. It helps us get the product right so it works the way you want it to. I can’t tell you how much direct impact you can have by getting involved. Every day, good, detailed messages make the rounds of our engineering teams. We often ask customers to speak about their projects. This is all very valuable. Please keep volunteering your opinions when we ask.

Today, I’d like to ask for your help in looking for several examples of your great work on really creative user interfaces built in Flex. I’d love to talk to you if you have built application interfaces with multiple windows or with “pods” of content that appear and disappear with user action or grow and shrink with more or less data. Also interested if you use a lot of effects to choreograph your application interface state changes. We’re looking for examples of the more dynamic Flex application interfaces out there. They don’t have to be entirely successful, either.

If you’ve got something like that or have been fighting to get it to work the way *you* want it to, I’d love to hear from you. We can work together to make it better. In return, we’ll offer a better system long term, some guidance on how to do it today, and a whole lot of gratitude.

If you think you can help, please contact me off list and let’s talk.

Thank you

Lucian Beebe

Flex product manager

Macromedia