Harris,

I haven't used Flash screens/forms, but I am sure there is a good way to do this in Flex, based on experience with other UI frameworks in which I have implemented wizard-type components with access to little more than things like ViewStack, etc.

I would think about embedding a ViewStack (to show the wizard pages) in a Panel, with a ControlBar below it to show the Back/Next/Finish buttons and so on. A non-visual component would control the ViewStack, receive Back/Next events, enable/disable the buttons based on the current page's state, and make decisions about the flow through the wizard pages, possibly based on a simple data structure representing the flow, with different flow possibilities conditional on page states (e.g. 'complete', 'incomplete' + any other custom states based on answer values).

There aren't any components that do exactly this sort of thing out of the box, but my guess would be that if the questionnaire has a complex flow at all, Flash wouldn't be any easier in which to do this (though I've never tried).

. . . . ...j

Harris Reynolds wrote:

I feel like I am trying to put a square peg in a round hole using Flex to create a Wizard based app (Next/Back flow control). Components like Accordian and ViewStack are cool, but not great for a series of 10 to 15 questions.

Has anyone actually implemented a solution where you have several questions where the answers dictate the flow of the questionaire?

If there isn't a good way to do this in Flex I can simply revert to using the Screens/Forms in Flash MX Pro; maybe in this case Flash is just the right tool for the job.

Anyone have some thoughts on this? Macromedia?

~harris

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Abdul Qabiz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

First question: You can use Accordion but it isn't like the

typical ones,

but you can make one using ViewStack, Panel & ControlBar, I guess

so...

Second Question: Look into ASDocs, here is the link:
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/15/asdocs_en/

-abdul