Title: Message
Ok coo Steven. I'll give that a look.

I started to ask the question if using Grids was like using tables in html. Should I only use them for data layout (row duplication)?
-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Webster [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, February 12, 2005 3:27 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Grid alignment

I'm using a grid for layout purposes and can't seem to get one of my items to align right. I basically want two items on the same row but one of them aligned right and one aligned left (labels).

Hey John - this is what we'd call a "bad code smell" and is one of the MXML Refactorings we talk about.

Rather than use a grid to achieve your layout (grids can be quite an expensive component for the layout
manager to deal with) why don't you look into the <mx:Spacer /> component and play with widths, so that
you can have the Spacer consume all the space necessary to push your rightmost component to the far
right...?

ie:

<mx:Label /> <mx:Spacer /><mx:Label />

Make sense ?

Steven

--
Steven Webster
Technical Director

This e-mail and any associated attachments transmitted with it may contain confidential information and must not be copied, or disclosed, or used by anyone other than the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient(s) please destroy this e-mail, and any copies of it, immediately.

Please also note that while software systems have been used to try to ensure that this e-mail has been swept for viruses, iteration::two do not accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused in respect of any viruses transmitted by the e-mail. Please ensure your own checks are carried out before any attachments are opened.