I have an app that a user logs in, and based on their login info I retrieve a number of “applications”the user has security grant access to.  This array of “applications” sent back from the database is simply an Array of strings…I use this array of strings to create tabs for my tab navigator.  The only “application” that is created at load time is the first tab being displayed…the others are only created at runtime when the user clicks on that application’s corresponding tab.  The problem I’m having is when I create the application component when the user clicks on the tab and I call code like this:

if (e.target.selectedChild.label == "Administration" && firstTimeAdmin) {

                              e.target.selectedChild.createChild(Administration, "admin", {width: "100%", height: "100%"});

                              firstTimeAdmin = false;

                        }

The firstTimeAdmin variable is just a flag I set after the first time the app is created so it’s not created every time the user clicks back on the Administration tab…anyways, my width attribute I’m setting for the Administration component seems to be ignored…it’s not stretching the components to 100%...is there a different way I can ensure the width is being set to 100%?  It actually seems to be setting to 50% of my screen width actually.

If I have the Administration component created at loadtime and not at the instance the user first clicks on the tab, everything stretches fine…I’m doing it the way above because the user technically could have access to all applications and some of them are pretty complex so they could sit there for 10 seconds looking at a blank screen in between the login and the load of the first tab because it takes that long for all of the applications to load up…so I thought this a more streamlined approach so the user doesn’t have to sit there and wait for applications to instantiate that they possibly will never use during that session…but now I’m having these problems with the width…

Thanks for any help!

Rob

Robert L. Brueckmann

Web Developer

Merlin Securities,LLC

595 Madison Avenue

New York, NY 10022

p: 212.822.4821
f: 212.822.4820

This message contains information from Merlin Securities, LLC, or from one of its affiliates, that may be confidential and privileged. If you are not an intended recipient, pleaserefrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information and note that such actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or by replying to this transmission.

Merlin Securities, LLC is a registered broker-dealer. Services offered through Merlin Securities, LLC are not insured by the FDIC or any other Federal Government Agency, are not deposits of or guaranteed by Merlin Securities, LLC and may lose value. Nothing in this communication shall constitute a solicitation or recommendation to buy or sell a particular security.