I’ve answered this in a previous post, but here is the answer again:

Chris,

      The useHandCursor property is a property of MovieClip and only works if there is a onRelease handler. You can look at the documentation here:

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/mx2004/main_7_2/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm?href="">

You'll probably need to create a subclass of Image and implement an onRelease handler that does nothing.

Jason