From: Markus Ansamaa [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 18 February 2005 13:38
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] List.getLength

I have wondered why there isn't a getLength method for a List. I have used List.dataProvider.length which feels clumsy to use. Today I just happenedto try if such a method exists and there it was! I think most of you alreadyknew that, but to me it was a totally new discovery. List seems to use DataSelector internally, which is the reason why getLength is not mentioned in the API.

I am just wondering, how should I know that List uses DataSelector and getLength method exists?! List's API says nothing about getLength or DataSelector.
And howmany other "hidden" interfaces there are?

Markus Ansamaa