From: Robert Brueckmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 3:43 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] scroll Tip Function

Clint,

I see that the scrollTipFunction that you create accepts a position parameter to the function…can’t you just refer to a column by making a call like this using the example from the API:

function scrollTipFunction(direction:String, position:Number) : String
{
  if (direction == "vertical") {

       // returns the name of the column you’re scrolling past?

       return myDataGrid.columns[position].columnName;

  } else return "";
}

I don’t know if that works but columns is a valid attribute of the datagrid component so it makes sense you’d be able to index it, because I know I’m doing this for something else I’m doing…let me know if that works…