From: dhiren9 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 25, 2005 3:52 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Populating DataGrid using Remote Object with
arguments

Hi,

I've gone through examples where I can call a remote object by
clicking on a button and populating a datagrid. The function call on
the button click accepts arguments processed by the remote object
(POJO).

How do i populate the datagrid on page launch, without having to
click a 'Get Data' button AND pass arguments to the Java object? In
other words, I dont want to click a button to pass an argument and
populate the grid.

Doing it like this does not work:
<mx:DataGrid id="dg3" dataProvider="remoteTagInfo.getList
('ENG').result" width="100%">
</mx:DataGrid>

Code below...

Thx.

<mx:Script>
var my_list;
</mx:Script>

<mx:RemoteObject id="remoteTagInfo"
source="samples.explorer.EmployeeManager"
result="my_list=event.result"
fault="alert(event.fault.faultstring, 'Error')">
<mx:method name="getList"/>
</mx:RemoteObject>

<mx:Model id="dp" source="catalog.xml" />

<mx:Panel id="menuBarPanel" title="test" width="100%" height="100%">

<mx:Button label="Get Data" click="remoteTagInfo.getList('ENG')"/>
<mx:DataGrid id="dg3" dataProvider="{my_list}" width="100%">
</mx:DataGrid>

</mx:Panel>