In order to rotate a label, textinput or textarea, you need to embed the
font used in these components.

e.g.

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml"; width="425"
height="400">
<mx:Style>
@font-face { fontFamily:myfont;
src:url("file:///c:/windows/fonts/Arial.TTF"); }

</mx:Style>

<mx:Label fontFamily="myfont" id="out" text="Result" _rotation="90"/>

</mx:Application>

This code embeds "Arial.ttf" in windows/fonts directory.

Look at following livedocs page for more details:
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/15/flex_docs_en/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/ht
ml/wwhelp.htm?context=Flex_Documentation&file=00000567.htm

-abdul