The AMF Gateway uses a RuntimeException called flashgateway.GatewayException
that has these properties. A thin façade could be built to map your exception
type to the gateway exception type.

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurent Cornelis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 9:39 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] RemoteObject : Convert Java Exception to ActionScript
Fault

Hi,

I wonder how Java exceptions are mapped to ActionScript faults.

I created a subclass of exception in Java that has the following
properties :
- message (from superclass Exception)
- detail
- type (I set the classname)
- faultcode
- description

When I throws this exception during a remote object call, the
event.fault has the following properties set :

- detail = ""
- faultcode = "Server.Processing"
- faultstring = "test"
- type = ""

It means, only the faultstring is correct. The other properties are
ignored, and the faultcode is not the one I set.

Is there a way to specify other properties than faultstring in a
ActionScript fault object ?