Thanks - I tried it but it does not seem to be working.
Any suggestions ?

------- application
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";
xmlns="*">
        <CellEditor text="Hello" editable="true" />
</mx:Application>

--------- class
class CellEditor extends mx.controls.TextInput
{
        function CellEditor()
        {
                var _cm = new ContextMenu();
                _cm.customItems.push(new ContextMenuItem(new
ContextMenuItem("Details", details)));
                this.label.menu = _cm;
        }

        function details(item:mx.controls.TextInput,
mi:ContextMenuItem) :Void
        {
                trace("Selected " + mi.caption);