That all being said, does anyone else find it super strange that
justification for enterprise level software is it must be expensive?
*Kind of motivates you to create an intranet based app to do something
enterprise wise hehe*

Me personally, I loathe FLEX price tag and would love to see it
available to all folks who can afford CFMX for example. CFMX 7 hinted
at its worth and as per expectations a lot of people went crazy over
simple old CFFORM.FLASH - but - thats me as a personal FLEX devotee.
Me as a developer for my work, why i just adore the product and price
is a moot selling principal.

Still, Price aside it comes down to UI. I could write champagne
server-side code in whatever technology, but if the blunts above see
the process as cumbersome or not really useable then they tend to get
a bit annoying "can we have a link here", "can we move this over here"
etc... (see dilbert comics)

Web-Based applications tend to inherit all the expectations of a
thickware client, and when they don't perform we are generally
expected to hack away until we get close enough.

Calculate that time devoted to putting that tabbed interface together
or what not and 15k per CPU in all honesty, heartache aside... not too
bad to swallow.

I don't know how this price hike will affect the potential folk who
are buying it but i do know this, buy some copies now, wait 5 months
and sell them on eBay for a 1k profit margin heehehehe...

Sadly though I wonder if some companies who were on the brink of
purchase, suddenly push away from the table due to the increase in
price? At the very least for companies that want to commit but can't
until XYZ reason which leaves them on a purchase date post-April,
surely MM can be kind enough to reserve them a bid price at current
pricing, especially if its a handsoff easy sale (ie the developers are
doing the selling and no help form MM is required).

--
Regards,
Scott Barnes