You don't need to convert the array, the DataGrid can automatically
databind to the returned array and display a row for each object in the
returned array.

E.g., if you define your RemoteObject call like:
<mx:RemoteObject id="myServices"
     source="com.testcompany.myServices">
       <mx:method name="findTestVOs"/>
</mx:RemoteObject>

And, the findTestVOs method invocation returns either an Array or
Collection of testVO objects then you can put the following into your
mxml file:

<mx:DataGrid dataProvider="{myServices.findTestVOs.result}">
         <mx:columns>
           <mx:Array>
             <mx:DataGridColumn columnName="name" headerText="My Name"/>
             <mx:DataGridColumn columnName="total" headerText="Total"/>
           </mx:Array>
         </mx:columns>
</mx:DataGrid>

Two notes on your ActionScript TestVO class...

1. Make sure to register the mapping from Java TestVO to ActionScript
TestVO.  This tells the flash remoting the mapping between
Java/ActionScript classes, so when performing marshalling it knows which
class to instantiate.  The following code accomplishes this:

public static var regClass =
Object.registerClass("com.testcompany.TestVO",com.testcompany.TestVO);

2. ActionScript doesn't have the notion of floats... only Numbers.  In
your code below you mention floats.

-ashley