With all these pricing things up in the air its hard to think about
coding, but I do have a bit of a problem I'm trying to work out.

I have a layout that has multiple nested VBox components with a
repeater on the inside.  For my application this repeater is going to
be repeating a custom component based on a dataProvider.  My problem
is that Flex wants to put the scroll bars on the outer most VBox
instead of the innermost one thats closest to the repeater.  I have
tried many variations of vScrollPolicy settings, but the problem seems
to be somewhere else.  Is there a way other than setting a specific
size for the VBoxes that I can tell the inner most VBox to be the one
that has a scroll bar?  I have included some sample code to show my
problem. In this example the scroll bars are actually going on the
application control.  This is a very simple example that is similar to
the layout in my application and still shows the problem.  I know I
could use a List or a Datagrid with a custom renderer but both have
behaviors I don't want.  I was hoping to just be able to use a
repeater and have scrollbars on the parent vbox.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

-- Matthew

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";>

        <mx:Script>
                <![CDATA[
                        var list:Array = ["a", "b", "c", "d", "e", "f",
                                                                "g", "h", "i",
"j", "k", "l",
                                                                "m", "n", "o",
"p", "q", "r",
                                                                "s", "t", "u",
"v", "w", "x",
                                                                "y", "z"
                                                                ];
                ]]>
        </mx:Script>

        <mx:VBox id="outer" width="100%" height="100%"
backgroundColor="#FFFFFF" borderStyle="solid" borderThickness="5"
borderColor="#FF0000">
                <mx:VBox id="middle" width="100%" height="100%"
backgroundColor="#FFFFFF" borderStyle="solid" borderThickness="5"
borderColor="#0000FF">
                        <!-- Scrollbars Need to be on this VBox \/ \/ \/ -->
                        <mx:VBox id="inner" width="100%" height="100%"
backgroundColor="#FFFFFF" borderStyle="solid" borderThickness="5"
borderColor="#00FF00">
                                <mx:Repeater id="rpList" dataProvider="{list}">
                                        <mx:Label text="{rpList.currentItem}" />
                                </mx:Repeater>
                                <mx:Label text="Item Count: {list.length}" />
                        </mx:VBox>
                </mx:VBox>
        </mx:VBox>

</mx:Application>