Quick qustion... after creating a Flex component using
ViewStack.createChild, how do you coerce the MovieClip
that is returned to be the correct type.

In the example code that was posted below, how to you
get the VBox variable (vb) to actually walk and talk
like a VBox? (instead of a MovieClip).

thanks,

~harris

--- Krzysztof Szlapinski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You can create children with CreateChild method
> In the example below when clicking on the button you
> create a label inside
> of a VBox which is a child of a ViewStack
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <mx:Application
> xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";>
> <mx:Script>
> <![CDATA[
> function generateChildren(){
>     var vs=mx.core.Application.application.vs01;
>     var vb =

vs.createChild(mx.containers.VBox,undefined,{id:"vb01"});

vb.createChild(mx.containers.Label,undefined,{text:"Hello"});