I have some remote business delegates that are stateful. Is there a
way to get access to the session that they are being held in?

For example, I have a UserDelegate that handles user based business
logic for the current logged in user, and it maintains a member
variable of the user so I don't need to keep passing User stuff over
the network. I also have a GroupDelegate, that obviously handles Group
stuff. I need to be able to access the User variable in the
UserDelegate so I can figure out some information about the user
before I perform the Group operations (i.e. authorization, etc). My
problem is that my Delegates are just POJOs, and so have no knowledge
of requests, or sessions. Is there a way to get to the session that
the stateful-class is being held in, or get at the request that is
associated with that session?

I know I could pass User information over the wire to my
GroupDelegate, but this is inefficient, since the data's right there
in memory on the server.

Any help is appreciated!