From: Matthew Shirey [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 05, 2005 8:09 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] ActionScript Components

Might someone point me in the direction of some good docs/examples of creating components using ActionScript.  I have the RIA book and chapter 10 has some information, but its disappointingly sparse.  Mostly I am interested in how to create a composite component.  A component containing many other components.  The examples I have seen so far simply extend a given component and alter its behavior.  Right now I am creating all of my components in MXML with a separate file for their ActionScript.  It's starting to get a bit messy for complex components.  Any kind of a boot in the right direction would be helpful.  Thanks!

-- Matthew