if you have a look at the properties of DataGrid in the docs (like
rowHeight) you'll see various ways to adjust how rows and columns are
displayed, including substituing your own rowRenderer if you
want to get fancy.

generally it is better to adjust properties that control
presentation as opposed to faking data to force presentation, but
if you -really- want a blank row you could try inserting a row
whose values are whitespace strings.

   </mgk>

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "greenfishinwater"