Right, but what I am trying to do requires the style to be selectable on a per user basis, from a profile setting.  I have a workaround I am currently attempting.  It's a little hackish, but doesn't require a ton of actionscript.  If its successful then I'll share to this list.

-- Matthew

On Apr 6, 2005 11:39 AM, JesterXL <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Nope, you were right the first time; Flash does "compile" the CSS into the SWF; basically hardcodes the CSS value settings.

The reason I said upload a new CSS to the server is that the Flex server, when a new request comes in for the MXML file, should detect the CSS file change, and generate a new SWF for the end user that will have the new CSS styles in it.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 2:34 PM
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Dynamically Changing an entire CSS

Okay wait, let me get this right... Flex does not compile the css directly into the resulting swf?  It reads the css at runtime?  If that is true then you could write a jsp file that output the CSS.  That css could change based on cookie or session type data.  Does that sound like an option that might work?

-- Matthew