Thanks.

Ian

-----Original Message-----
From: joao_m_fernandes [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 07 April 2005 18:18
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Weird behavior with Internet Explorer

I was using CFMX7 with Flex 1.5 under the same context root.
With the querystring append it started to work.

For what a said about under IE working on server 2000 I was wrong because I
was pointing to the wrong server and that's why it was working.

It seems to be an IE problem.

Under diferent context root doesn't seem to have any problem at all.
I had cf running onde /cfusion and flex under /flex...

Once again, thanks Peter for this solution,

Joćo Fernandes

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Welsh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Joćo, can I just clarify - does the problem you experienced only
happen with
> a CF and Flex on the same context root and with XP SP2 clients? Are
> you using CF6.1 or 7? Just thinking ahead to an install I am about to do.
>
> Thanks
> Ian

I always
> append a querystring to it?
>
> anyways, thank you very much for this.
>

> Joćo Fernandes
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Farland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > Hmm, I'm trying to think of other known iss

ues with Flex and CF in
> the same app. This may be a long shot, but I'll tell you about it
anyway...

> > Can you try appending some dummy query data such as "?a=b" to the
> end your RemoteObject endpoint URI (if it doesn't have one already).
> >
> > i.e. if your RemoteObject endpoint is something like:
> >
> >     /cfmx/flashservices/gateway
> >
> > change it to:
> >
> >     /cfmx/flashservices/gateway?a=b
> >
> > The reason is that CFMX may be using standard J2EE session
> management rather than CFID/CFTOKEN. Perhaps your IE browser is
sending some
> header (or not sending some header) that makes CFMX or the J2EE
application
> container think you don't have cookie support. In this case, it is
trying to
> send back an AMF Response Header to tell the client to append some
> ;jsessionid info to the URL so that on your next request it can
> maintain your session.
> >
> > When this AppendToGatewayUrl AMF response header is sent back, it is
> literally concatenated to the end of your endpoint. So it might look
like
> this:
> >
> > /cfmx/flashservices/gateway;jessionid=DHDKJHER849527456845
> >
> > While this is fine according to the J2EE servlet specification, this
> can cause problems with  J2EE connectors (such as JRun's) and web
servers
> such as IIS. Adding some query info to the URL:
> >
> > /cfmx/flashservices/gateway?a=b;jessionid=DHDKJHER849527456845
> >
> > seems to satisfy the connector/IIS condition.
> >
> > You could prove this by first watching the AMF traffic to see if
> such a header was being sent or second, sniffing the network traffic
to see
> that a Not Allowed HTTP error was being sent during the failure.
> >
> > I know this is a server side issue and I know you said this only
> happens in MSIE, but perhaps SP2 changes the default cookie settings
for IE
> only?
> >
> > If you need a network sniffer, there's tons out there - JRun ships
> with a sniffer.exe which is useful for server side sniffing. Paros
Proxy is