The HTTPService.send has the following signature

send( parameters: Object) :  Object

1.  Could someone please explain how to progmatically build the
parameters.  In the examples <mx:request> is used but I could not
find the <mx:request> documented.

2.  send returns an object "HTTP call that can be used for tracking
multiple requests".  Could someone please explain this object and
what operations may be performed on it.

3.  If the returned object is a handle to the request, can I set the
decodeXML, encodeXML, fault, result properties on it?  If so, how
does one handle race conditions (i.e. result received before
properties being set).

Thanks.