Hi Dan, hi cazzaran,

yes, I have such a line in every of my ValueObjects.

But I had errors in the POJO and in the Object.registerClass line. I
didn't use the fully qualified name of the Java class as first and the
fully qualified name of the ActionScript class as second argument.
Without these errors everything works, I can send complex VO's to the
server and they are mapped correctly.

But now the NetConnectionDebugger is less useful becaus it can't show
the values of my VO's sent to the server and sent from the server. The
Debugger shows things like this:

Debug-ID: 0
Ereignistyp: "Result"
Film-URL: "http://localhost:8080/ogo-cairn/Index.mxml.swf?debug=true";
Protokoll: "http"
Quelle: "Client"
Zeit: 1113295068216.74
Datum (object #1)
....."Tue Apr 12 10:37:48 GMT+0200 2005"
Result (object #2)
.....[0]: (undefined)
.....[1]: (undefined)
.....[10]: (undefined)
.....[11]: (undefined)
.....[12]: (undefined)
.....[13]: (undefined)
.....[14]: (undefined)
.....[15]: (undefined)
.....[16]: (undefined)
.....[17]: (undefined)
.....[18]: (undefined)
.....[19]: (undefined)
.....[2]: (undefined)
.....[20]: (undefined)
.....[21]: (undefined)
.....[22]: (undefined)
.....[23]: (undefined)
.....[24]: (undefined)
.....[3]: (undefined)
.....[4]: (undefined)
.....[5]: (undefined)
.....[6]: (undefined)
.....[7]: (undefined)
.....[8]: (undefined)
.....[9]: (undefined)

The results works, but is there a way to make the Debugger show the
values of my VO's?

Greets
Christoph

Dan Tropp wrote:

> class vo.ApplicantVO implements ValueObject
> {
>     public static var registered:Boolean =
>         Object.registerClass( "vo.ApplicantVO", ApplicantVO );
>           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^--------Do you have a
> line like this in your AS class?
> }
>
> If you don't register the Java/AS class mapping it defaults to ASObject.
>
> cheers
>
> Dan
>
> Christoph Guse wrote:
>
>> Hi cazzaran,
>>
>> how did you solve your problem? I'm interested in a solution, because I
>> have a very similar problem. In my case I have an object (OgoJobVO) in
>> which is another object (OgoAccountVO) in which is another object
>> (OgoPersonVO).
>> When I get the Job-Object from the Server, everything works fine. When I
>> try to call a function in a POJO where a Job-Object as an argument, I
>> get the following error in the NetConnectionDebugger:
>>
>> Status (object #2)
>> .....code: "Server.Processing"
>> .....details: "The expected argument types are (ogo.OgoJobVO,
>> java.lang.String, java.lang.String) but the supplied types were
>> (flashgateway.io.ASObject, java.lang.String, java.lang.String) and
>> converted to (null, null, null)."
>> .....level: "error"
>> .....type: ""
>> .....rootcause (object #3)
>> ..........code: (undefined)
>> ..........details: ""
>> ..........level: "error"
>> ..........type: ""
>>
>> The call looks like this:
>>     var call = service.insertJob(jobarg,login,password);
>>
>> I tested the argument jobarg with
>>
>>         if(jobarg instanceof OgoJobVO){
>>             text="type of OgoJobVO";
>>         }
>>         else{
>>             text="is not type of OgoJobVO";
>>           }
>>           mx.core.Application.application.debugtext = text;
>>
>> This returns "type of OgoJobVO".
>>
>> I really would like to use nested Objects.
>>
>> I appreciate for any suggestions.
>>
>> Christoph
>>
>> cazzaran wrote:
>>

>> > Found it... but it doesn't make total sense...
>> >
>> > here's the response trace:
>> >
>> > Info: Serializing response
>> >   (Message #0 targetURI=/1/onStatus, responseURI=null)
>> >     (Object #0)
>> >       level = "error"
>> >       code = "Server.Processing"
>> >       type = ""
>> >       rootcause = (Object #1)
>> >         level = "error"
>> >         code = null
>> >         type = ""
>> >         details = ""
>> >         description = "Could not set object null on class
>> > pojos.Group's method setOrganization"
>> >       details = "The expected argument types are (pojos.Group) but the
>> > supplied types were (flashgateway.io.ASObject) and converted to
>> (null)."
>> >       description = "Cannot invoke method 'addGroup'."

> [...]

 Christoph Guse
 Löhstraße 34
 41747 Viersen
 Tel.  0 21 62 / 50 24 066