Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if that will work with Flex application but to avoid such collision names in standalone desktop application I've used names following package pattern:
eg:

var soName:String = "com.company.cookieName";
var so:SharedObject = SharedObject.getLocal(soName, "/");
there is a subset of characters which are not allowed in SO name but dots are allowed
:)

hth,
regards,
Peter

Peter Blazejewicz

JesterXL wrote:
As long as your apps are both deployed on "cow.com", then just add a "/" to the 2nd parameter of your get, and it'll put the .sol at the top level of the domain.  Currently, it's scoped to a folder name same as your app path.  The 2nd parameter creates it's own folderpath/namespace.  Maknig a "/" puts it at the top.

....however, watch for out collisions of data since your both sharing.  You don't have to worry about file handles or anything, but you know why checkin/checkout systems were invented in the first place...