                                               Asunto:   Re: [flexcoders]
xml-combobox
                      14/04/2005 00:31

                      Por favor,

                      responda a

                      flexcoders

> <mx:ComboBox id="object_list" backgroundColor="#FFFFFF" cornerRadius="0"
>                   dataProvider="{helpList.obj}" width="180"
>                   change="selectFields(event)" initialize="sort();"/>
>
> In selectFields function I create dataprovider for 2nd combo:
>
> <mx:ComboBox id="field_list" backgroundColor="#FFFFFF" cornerRadius="0"
>                   width="180"
>                   change="display_help(event)" initialize="sort();"/>
[snip]

I would simply use data binding to set this up.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";
  xmlns="*">

  <mx:Model id="model">
    <root>
      <items label="item1">
        <record>one</record>
        <record>two</record>
      </items>
      <items label="item2">
        <record>three</record>
        <record>four</record>
      </items>
    </root>
  </mx:Model>

  <mx:ComboBox id="cb1" dataProvider="{model.root.items}" />
  <mx:ComboBox id="cb2" dataProvider="{cb1.selectedItem.record}" />

</mx:Application>

http://manish.revise.org/