From: Darron J. Schall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 14 April 2005 10:09 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] Great Abdul (c++/flex) source c++ <--> flex

Abdul Qabiz wrote:

>I have not yet made it, in my case it's going to be straight forward. A
>flash movie embedded in C# app would communicate with Flex app via
>LocalConnection...

Yeah, you can embed Flash in C# and then have the Flash movies talk to
each other via LC, however in the example I posted on my weblog.. I
eliminated the middleman and made C# talk to Flash over local connection
directly.

Also, I noticed that for the Shared Object approach you've embedded
Flash in C# to read/write data to a shared object.. but you can also
parse those files directly.  Again, you can just write a program that
doesn't embed Flash but still does what you need it to do (which may be
more work, but can end up being cross platform).  I wrote (started
writing, never fully finished) a cross-platform Java app to take care of
this for you:  http://solve.sf.net.  There's others out there...

>Because of this : http://www.darronschall.com/weblog/archives/000151.cfm

Man that link gets around.. ;-)  So many people have asked me for the
code for that, but I'm hesitant to share it because it exposes some of
the internals of how LC actually works, which I don't MM wants as public
information.

-d