OK - here's more info.

I'm passing the returned array as the dataprovider for a list (passed as
"dataObject"):

<mx:List id="listDisplay" rowCount="{listDisplay.dataProvider.length}"
labelFunction="myLabelFunction"
         dataProvider="{dataObject}"
         rowHeight="16" selectable="false" styleName="dgTextStyle"
width="100%"/>

The labelFunction is:

         function myLabelFunction(item):String
         {
                 return item.label + ": " + item.data;
         }

Does that help?

I thought the string conversion in the function would do the trick, because
the labelFunction is looking for strings, but that still gives me a NaN.

- Tom