On 4/18/05, Dzafer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> For the datagrid I need to retrieve all the column names from the provider
> to do something like this:

>     If (  …column[i] == "firstname")
>
>     {}

Ah, sorry about that.  I see what you're trying to do now, and here's
how I'd do it:

  if (myDataGrid.columns[i].columnName == "firstName")
  {

"firstName" is the name of the field in your data objects your column
maps to, and columnName is the property of DataGridColumn that stores
that value.

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/15/asdocs_en/mx/controls/gridclasses/DataGridColumn.html
http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/15/asdocs_en/mx/controls/Tree.html

http://manish.revise.org/