The 32k error is definitely an annoyance and one we’re working to address in 2.0.  I don’t know of much in the way of documentation on the garbage collector, I just know it sweeps occasionally and tries to clean up, but the memory will remain allocated to the Player from the OS for a while.  As for understanding how MXML is turned into AS, set keep-generated-as to true in flex-config.xml and you’ll get to see what it looks like.

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 25, 2005 12:13 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Flash Player/Flex Feature

The 32k error is really annoying and I consider it
more a Flash Player/Flex bug than a feature ....  In
fact it's quite difficult for me to understand how the
garbage collector works and how the mxml pages are
translated in AS2 classes.... Is there any
documentation in regards with those issues....

Jumping to another topic, I've looked over the Flex
System requirements and look what I found...

Intel Pentium processor or higher
256 MB RAM (512 MB recommended)
400 MB available disk space
Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, XP Professional, or
2003 Server

Isn't this a little bit misleading? I have 1 Gb RAM
and after deploy/re-deploy the application 2-3 times,
JRun almost crawls on his knees.... and finally get
the blessing... "Out of Memory"...

Thanks,
Michael