Hi,

I've got a problem with using custom skins in a flex button. I'm
using the code below to export a flex button as an SWC component.

This works fine, but when you give the button a width of, say 100
pixels, the corners get stretched out because it's just a single
graphic symbol that is used as the skin for the button.

Flex itself uses three separate movieclips, the left side, the
middle and the right side, so that the corners are always nice and
round no matter what the size of the button is.

So how can I access my custom skin symbols in my flex button SWC ???

I'm strongly getting the idea that Flex is primarily aimed at people
who don't want to customize anything because making a simple custom
button can take you all day!

class TfeResetButton extends mx.controls.Button {

        var falseUpSkin:String = "falseUp";
        var falseOverSkin:String = "falseOver";
        var falseDownSkin:String = "falseDown";

        static var symbolName:String = "TfeResetButton";
        static var symbolOwner:Object = TfeResetButton;
        var className:String = "TfeResetButton";

        function TfeResetButton(){
        }

        function init() {
                setStyle("fontWeight","normal");
                super.init();
                invalidate();

        }

        static var clipParameters:Object = {resetSkin:1};

        function constructObject2(o:Object):Void {
                super.constructObject2(o);
                applyProperties(o, TfeResetButton.clipParameters);