Ya, I got something similar to this working.  Just added a function
on the Change event of the ComboBox.

Just make sure in the function you set the send function to the http
service.

<mx:ComboBox id="ComboBx" change="changeCombo()"/>

function changeCombo(){
service.url = ComboBx.currentItem.data;
service.send()
}