I'm wondering if any of you have tackled a problem that I'm currently faced
with.  We have a very extensive RIA built with Flash MX Pro and V2
components.  I'm pushing for our company to start leveraging Flex and we'd
like to implement a gradual transition if at all possible.  We have several
swfs that contain a good bit of logic that I'd like to load into Flex.  In
our current application these swf files listen for different events from our
main tree control and act accordingly.  I'd like to avoid rewriting these
swfs initially and load them into Flex in the meantime.  So my main question
is if these are swfs are loaded into the Flex framework, how can we interact
with them from Flex?  Let's say that I want my swf authored in the Flash IDE
to be able to listen to change events broadcasted from a Flex tree control,
is this at all possible?  Also, if I want to communicate in the other
direction, ie

<mx:Loader id="swfAuthoredInFlash" contentPath="canvas.swf" />

Can I do something like swfAuthoredInFlash.method() from Flex?  I hope this
make sense and I'm ultimately looking for a way where these two can play
nicely until we roll our entire application in Flex.  If what I mentioned
above does not seem feasible are there any other approaches I can take other
than "all or nothing"?  Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards,
Dennis