Call your JSP from a browser.  You will easily be able to see where the
xml is invalid
Tracy

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of gaurav verma
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 2:18 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] help on HTTP service

not able to send data from the mxml to the jsp page

i want create a page which takes the values like "LOGIN ID"
and "PASSWORD" to the another JSP page( this pages validates the
loginid from my database) im using the following code :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";>
<mx:HTTPService id="foo" method="POST"
url="http://pjainserver:8101/login/loginvalidate.jsp"; >

        <mx:request>
            <pi_user_id>{username.text}</pi_user_id>
            <pi_passwd>{password.text}</pi_passwd>
        </mx:request>
 </mx:HTTPService>

   <mx:Form defaultButton="mySubmitButton" >
   <mx:FormItem label="Username">
      <mx:TextInput id="username" width="100"/>
   </mx:FormItem>
   <mx:FormItem label="Password">
      <mx:TextInput id="password" width="100" password="true"/>
   </mx:FormItem>
   <mx:FormItem>
      <mx:Button id="mySumitButton" label="Login" click="foo.send
()"  />
   </mx:FormItem>
</mx:Form>

</mx:Application>

this is returning a error " HTTP SERVICE FAULT. A start tag had
nocorresponding end tag"

note : my LOGINVALIDATE.JSP also contain html tags.

wht to do now