Use a single array, and look into Array.sort().  It allows you to define and pass function that will sort the array however you want.

Tracy

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 11:59 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Is there an easy way to do this

I know I probably can figure out how to do this eventually. My problem with my programming skills is my programs tend to be bigger and more filled with code than they need to be. So I am trying to learn to get the job done with less code. Here is one thing I trying to do and its been making me crazy, is lets say you have eight people ok and they each have a certain number of apples in there bag.with nobody having the same amount. So lets say I want to get the top three people who have the most apples listed respectively alongside the person who has the apples. Is there an easy way to do this? I mean I have thought about making several arrays and doing loops but for some reason I feel there is a much easier way. Any suggestions?