michael keirnan wrote:
> also, if you run mxmlc or compc against your source tree the generated
> files are placed right in your source tree. (perhaps obvious if one
> thinks about it, but i did not think about it until it bit me). this can
> lead to various problems during the typical development process:
> edit-compile-test-curse-repeat.
>
>    </mgk>
>
> Tom Fitzpatrick wrote:
>
>>Tracy - thanks. Deleting the generated files did the trick.
>>
>>- Tom
>>
>>At 12:19 PM 4/27/2005, you wrote:
>>

>>>The generated files I am talking about are under "
>>>..[flex-root]\WEB-INF\flex\generated|" folder in the Flex server. There
>>>are several folders with generated names. It is safe to delete them.
>>>
>>>If you get the 32k error on one server but not another, that really
>>>sounds like a boundary condition.  Try running the one with the error
>>>using the ?debug=true request parameter.  This causes debug code to get
>>>generated into the app and has, in the past allowed us to continue.

It seems like compc and mxmlc are dependent on one another... but it's not
clear what order they go in.  And where do regular actionscript classes go in
this?  Is it possible to use compc to compile actionscript classes or packages
into an SWC file?  And why the heck is a component manifest needed when it
doesn't seem to add any extra information?

Will.