Hi,

I'm wondering if it's possible to utilize the Flash drawing API in Flex.
Our current Flash application has a tree with drag/drop functionality.
Items are dragged from the tree and then dropped onto a floor plan.  In
Flash we trigger an event that draws a box and other shapes on the canvas.
We dynamically create a movieclip and then draw in it:

this.createEmptyMovieClip("square_mc", 1);
square_mc.lineStyle(1, 0x000000, 100);
square_mc.beginFill(0xFF0000, 100);
square_mc.moveTo(0, 0);
square_mc.lineTo(50, 0);
square_mc.lineTo(50, 50);
square_mc.lineTo(0, 50);
square_mc.lineTo(0, 0);
square_mc.endFill();

How can this be implemented in Flex?  I know there are other approaches we
can take but I'm curious to know if there's support for more custom stuff,
ie dynamically creating movies and drawing in them.  I was assuming that I
could perform this type of interactivity with the Canvas container, but have
been unsuccessful.

Thanks,
Dennis