Ted, although you do mention search you don't specifically mention CF
query result sets.

One thing that I'd like to mention for the benefit of others using
Flex and ColdFusion is that while CF can return query result sets via
Remoting and Web Services this is not a native object/data type in the
Flash player, and consequently Flex.

While the Flash player can process this via the Remoting and Web
Services APIs it's time consuming as the data is being converted into
something native first.

You're better off to return arrays of objects (CF structures) instead,
I don' t have the figures but I know that there is a dramatic
performance difference, particularly for large sets of data.

Andrew

Andrew Muller
Partner, RocketBoots
http://www.rocketboots.com.au