In an MXML component, one that does not contain the mx:Application tag,
you cannot define a type selector, only a class selector.

Stephen

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Abdul Qabiz
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 2:06 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] using the Style control tag

Hi,

You can use style tag as shown below, not sure why you got errors. Which
version of Flex you are using?

You can see into flex docs under section "Using Styles and Fonts":

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/15/flex_docs_en/00000532.htm

##StyleTagExample.mxml##

<mx:Application width="800" height="600"
xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";>
    <mx:Style>

     LinkBar {

            color:#000000;
            border-style:solid;
            background-color:#0000FF;
            textRollOverColor:#FF0000;
        }

        .myStyle {

                color:#FF0000;
                font-family:Georgia;
        }

    </mx:Style>

   <mx:LinkBar
        click="getURL('http://www.macromedia.com/' +
String(event.label).toLowerCase(), '_blank');" >
         <mx:dataProvider>
            <mx:Array>
                <mx:String>Flash</mx:String>
                <mx:String>Director</mx:String>
                <mx:String>Dreamweaver</mx:String>
                <mx:String>ColdFusion</mx:String>
            </mx:Array>
        </mx:dataProvider>
    </mx:LinkBar>

<mx:Button label="aButton" styleName="myStyle" /> </mx:Application>

Hope that helps..

-abdul