I just found to my surprise and chagrin that when a typed AMF object is
deserialized on the client, the constructor for the object is run
*after* the object's properties have been populated from the input
stream.  So if one innocently thinks that a constructor ought to be able
to initialize various properties of the new object, well, this
initialization clobbers any deserialized values of those properties.

Macromedia support is entering this into their bug DB, but I thought
this was worth alerting folks to.  Obviously there's an easy workaround,
which is to not do any initialization in constructors (or, if you do,
make sure that the properties actually are undefined before setting them).

P.S. note that this is totally different from a prior thread that
concerned constructors with arguments.  That is unsafe because the args
will be undefined at deserialization time.  Here the issue is the
*timing* of the constructor call, not its argument values.