It all depends on WHERE you declare the variable.  In the first case,
you were defining your var outisde of the function, which should keep
its value even when the function is through running.  If you declare
the var inside the function, however, that variable will be destroyed
when that function is through running.  You really should read a
tutorial or chapter on Variable Scope, and post your code here,
because you're not giving us much to work with.

Cheers

> Ok assuming your right and again I hope this is not another silly question
> but what does a local variable look like and what does an instance variable
> look like? To me I just thought all variables were just like this
> public var name:String
> you know things like that

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Jordan Snyder