From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of rockmoyosa
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2005 2:16 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Manual Effect on Hbox, problem

I'm am manually playing an effect on a HBox. The HBox moves but does
not respond on an effectEnd or effectStart. Which it normally does
when you set moveEffect in MXML. Why does the HBOX not listen!!?

---------------Code AS----------------

public function moveMeRight(object:Object) {
        var move = new mx.effects.Move(object);
        move.xBy = -146;
        move.playEffect();
}

<mx:HBox id="tile_hbox" x="7" y="7" horizontalGap="12"
effectEnd="mx.controls.Alert.show('Boink');left_img.enabled =
true;right_img.enabled = true; helper.setControls();"
effectStart="right_img.enabled = false;left_img.enabled = false;">