Cheers for that guys... Will try both methods and hope for some luck :-)

Rich

-----Original Message-----
From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Manish Jethani
Sent: 26 May 2005 18:31
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] DateField/DateChooser "CellRenderer"?

On 5/26/05, Richard Butler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The reason behind this need is that for a hotel reservation interface
> I need to block out dates on a calendar for different reasons, and
> provide a different state accordingly. For example, a date may be
> completely sold out (signified by a red cross over that date, for
> example), but another date may not be on sale for the selected special

> offer (signified by a gray cross), etc.
>
> Anyone got any advice on how to approach this?

You can get the x and y positions of the date labels using the following
trick:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.macromedia.com/2003/mxml";
  xmlns="*">
  <mx:DateChooser id="dateChooser" />
  <mx:Button label="Click Me" click="buttonClicked()" />
  <mx:TextArea id="textArea" width="100%" height="100%" />
  <mx:Script>
    function buttonClicked():Void
    {
      for (var p:String in dateChooser.dateGrid)
      {
        if (p.slice(0, 8) == "dayBlock")
        {
          var label:TextField = TextField(dateChooser.dateGrid[p]);
          textArea.text += p + " is at " + label._x + "," + label._y +
"\n";
  </mx:Script>
</mx:Application>

Next, you want to add your "red cross" symbols to the DateChooser and
position them where you want.