Lol, it was in one of the handful of chapters I haven't read. But I
did check the book index, looking for "custom" and "preloader", and I
didn't find any references.

The example in your book required using Flash. I was looking for a
preloader that's reliant on only an Actionscript class, i.e,. no
Flash SWC or SWF files, simply because I'm not well-versed in it. :)

I was hoping to find a sample that demonstrated a progress bar being
created/instantiated as well as a demonstration of a background image
being loaded in the preloader class' constructor function, but I
simply could not find any.

Is what I'm looking for even possible, i.e., creating a custom
preloader SOLELY from an Actionscript class and that would load a
background image and utilize a progress bar?

It would help immensely to get an answer to this question so I can
decide whether or not to end my search.

Any further feedback would be greatly appreciated.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Webster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>