Hi,

I've coded a couple of AS functions which I intended to use to fade
the component they're within, in and out.

I've listed the functions below...

However, when I actually run the code, there seems to be no actual
fade effect taking place - the object just moves directly to Alpha
30 on fadeOutEffect and back to 100 on fadeInEffect. There's no
actual gradual fading at all.

I guess I'm doing something wrong! Any ideas ?!

Thanks,

Jamie.

function fadeOutEffect(){
        var fadeOut = new mx.effects.Fade(this);

        fadeOut.alphaFrom = "100";
        fadeOut.alphaTo = "30";
        //fadeOut.suspendBackgroundProcessing = true;
        fadeOut.duration = 1000;

        fadeOut.playEffect();
}

function fadeInEffect(){
        var fadeIn = new mx.effects.Fade(this);

        fadeIn.alphaFrom = "30";
        fadeIn.alphaTo = "100";
        //fadeOut.suspendBackgroundProcessing = true;
        fadeIn.duration = 1000;

        fadeIn.playEffect();