From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Andrew Spaulding
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 4:18 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Getting client's IP address

You could also pass it to your mxml file as a flashvar, as long as you
have the variable declared in your root application. I do something
similar to the following from within a jsp page:

<!-- index.jsp -->

<head>
<title>flex</title>

<%@ taglib uri="FlexTagLib" prefix="mm" />

<%
   String ipAddress = null;
   if( request.getHeader("X-Forwarded-For") == null )
   {
      ipAddress = request.getRemoteAddr();
   }
   else
   {
      ipAddress = request.getHeader("X-Forwarded-For");
   }
%>

   <mm:mxml source="myApp.mxml">
      <mm:flashvar name="IP_ADDRESS" value="<%= ipAddress %>" />
   </mm:mxml>

Be sure to have the variable "IP_ADDRESS" declared in the root of your
mxml application.

Hope this helps,

Andrew
www.flexdaddy.com

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "heybluez" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do this with a simple .jsp script in the Flex app.  You can include
> something like the following:
>
> getIPAddress.jsp:
>
> <clientip>
> <valGet><%=request.getRemoteAddr()%></valGet>
> </clientip>
>
> Then call that within Flex in an HTTPService and parse the return.
> HTTPService.result.clientip.valGet , etc....
>
> Then you can store that in a sharedobject or whatever you want.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> -Michael
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "temporal_illusion"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I assume it's a http service you're using that calls the PHP page to
> > get the IP?  I think the web service calls are proxied by default.
> > Try adding the useProxy="false" property in the http service, that
> > should tell the app to go to the web service directly.
> >
> > Jason
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Jeff Beeman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > We've got a Flex app that is calling a PHP script to retrieve the
> > > end-user's IP address (for an authentication procedure), but the
IP